Breakfast is often referred to as the most important meal of the day and with good reason. Not only does it set the tone for the rest of the day, but it is also essential for maintaining good health. However, finding a suitable breakfast can be challenging for those with gluten sensitivity. Fortunately, there are a number of gluten-free breakfast options that are both nutritious and delicious.
Table of Contents
Overnight oats are a quick and easy breakfast option for those looking for a gluten-free option. All you need to do is combine rolled oats, milk, chia seeds, and sweetener in a bowl, cover it, and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, you can add your favourite toppings such as fruit, nuts, and seeds for a nutritious and delicious start to the day.
Smoothies are a great way to quickly get a quick and nutritious breakfast. Simply blend together milk, fruit, nut butter, and a scoop of protein powder for a creamy and delicious smoothie. You can also add vegetables such as spinach and kale for added nutrition.
Eggs are a great source of protein and can easily be made gluten-free. Scrambled eggs, omelettes, frittatas, and quiches are all delicious options that can be enjoyed with a side of gluten-free toast.
Avocado toast is a popular breakfast option that is both delicious and nutritious. Simply toast gluten-free bread and top it with mashed avocado, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of salt for a savoury and satisfying breakfast.
Pancakes don’t have to be off-limits for those with gluten sensitivity. Simply substitute wheat flour with a gluten-free flour such as almond or coconut flour and enjoy your favourite stack of pancakes.
Breakfast burritos typically contain ingredients such as eggs, cheese, sausage, and potatoes. However, you can easily make a gluten-free version by simply substituting the flour tortilla with a corn tortilla or gluten-free wrap.
Granola is a great option for those looking for a quick and easy breakfast. Simply make your own at home using gluten-free oats, nuts, and seeds, or you can purchase pre-made gluten-free granola at most grocery stores.
Yoghurt is a great source of protein and probiotics and can easily be made gluten-free. Simply top off plain Greek yoghurt with your favourite gluten-free fruits, nuts, and seeds.
For those with gluten sensitivity, finding a suitable breakfast can be challenging. Fortunately, there are a number of gluten-free breakfast options that are both nutritious and delicious. From overnight oats and smoothies to egg dishes and avocado toast, there are plenty of options to choose from. With a little creativity and some experimentation, you can easily find a breakfast option that is both delicious and nutritious
1) According to a survey conducted by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness, over 18 million Americans have adopted a gluten-free diet, with the majority of them following a gluten-free breakfast routine.
2) A study conducted by the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition revealed that the gluten-free diet is associated with a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and diabetes as well as improved lipid profiles in individuals who are gluten-intolerant.
3) The National Restaurant Association reports that the number of restaurants offering gluten-free menu items has increased by more than 100% over the past few years.
4) A survey conducted by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness found that 89% of gluten-free breakfast consumers are looking for both health benefits and great taste when choosing a gluten-free breakfast option.
5) According to a study conducted by The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, individuals on a gluten-free diet reported consuming more fiber, vitamins, and minerals than those who did not follow a gluten-free diet